Everything we do is for the best interests of the animals in our care. Our adoption process is aimed at matching you, your family and your current pets with our kitties for adoption.
An adoption counselor (or volunteer) will introduce you to our kitties and will share information about the animals’ history and needs, behavior assessment and any volunteer/staff comments.
The adoption procedure at Miss Kitty Feline Sanctuary is quite simple. Once you have met the cat of your dreams, you fill out a one-page questionaire and meet with an adoption counselor. If it is determined that the adoption is a good match you fill out the one-page adoption contract. The cost of adoption is $90.00 for donors and volunteers and $110.00 for non-members. This fee provides the following at a greatly reduced cost: the spay or neuter of the cat, a combo test for leukemia and AIDS, the rabies vaccine, the annual vaccines – FVRCP and FeLV, 30 days of free Shelter Care Pet Health Insurance, a 24PetWatch microchip, and a gift bag of Hill’s Science Diet cat or kitten food to keep your pet on its healthy diet.
What you will need in order to adopt:
- A valid state ID with your current address.
- If you rent, a copy of the lease stating pets are permitted at the residence. Your landlord’s name and phone number should be listed on the lease.
- All members of the household should meet the animal before adopting.
- Certain animals require a completed application and a pre-adoption home visit.
- The adoption fee is accepted in cash, check, or by credit/debit card. American Express and Discover are not accepted as payment.
PLEASE NOTE: A pre-adoption application may be accepted to hold an animal for the period of one week. The pre-adoption application must be accompanied by the full adoption fee. The fee will be forfeited if the animal is not adopted within the week, but is refundable if the decision not to adopt is declared within the week.