Miss Kitty Feline Sanctuary provides shelter and medical care for cats in the process of finding their forever home. We also strive to assist the community with low-cost spay/neuter options for their personal pets, as well as assisting local feral cat communities with spay/neuters and feeding.
Goals at Miss Kitty Feline Sanctuary:
- Promote the welfare of all cats: domestic, stray, feral and wild.
- Operate a model no-kill rescue and adoption program that can be emulated throughout the country.
- Practice spaying/neutering before adoption.
- Promote the early-age spay/neuter of kittens as early as eight weeks old.
- Assist groups and individuals to help rescue and place cats.
- Assist caretakers with cat behavioral problems so that cats remain in their homes instead of being relinquished.
- Help to promote a better understanding of feline diseases such as feline leukemia and feline immunodeficiency virus.
- Keep cats out of the sheltering system, thus reducing euthanasia rates.
- Advocate the sterilization of feral colony cats and provide information to colony caretakers on all aspects of Trap-Neuter-Return,including rabies control and issues surrounding wildlife and predatorial instincts.
Miss Kitty Feline Sanctuary provides information to others, and is actively involved in the rescuing and re-homing of domestic cats.